Transportation Law Attorney in New York and The Bronx
According to the New York Department of Health, there are almost 13,000 hospitalizations each year throughout the state due to motor vehicle and transportation injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured in a transportation accident, you may be able to build a case with our dedicated team of attorneys at Leav & Steinberg LLP and receive possible compensation.
What Is a Transportation Lawyer?
Transportation attorneys can provide counsel for those who have been injured either on or from public transportation, such as buses, subways, or trains, or have been involved in a bicycle, motorcycle, or car accident. New York operates under a “No-Fault” law, which means that negligent drivers may be held accountable for injuries caused to others within a certain period of time. For motor vehicle accidents, this is usually 30 days after the incident. Cases of accidents or injuries involving public transportation must meet several preconditions within a short period of time before a lawsuit can be filed. Work with an experienced transportation accident attorney to determine if you have a case and to help ensure these conditions are met.
Our team can also help you in cases where vehicles were improperly maintained or if environmental factors contributed to an accident, such as poor lighting or improper placement of signs or rails.
Types of Transportation Accidents Throughout New York City and The Bronx
Other types of transportation accidents include bicycle and skateboard accidents, hit and run cases, drunk driving, pedestrian accidents, and motorcycle collisions. Leav & Steinberg specializes in the following:
- Bus Accidents may have multiple parties at fault depending on the details of the accident. If the accident was a direct result of improper maintenance, then the bus management company may be at fault for your injuries.
- Subway Accidents usually result in injuries from operator negligence, sudden stops, subway car crashes, and poor maintenance. Subway accident claims have strict deadlines, and a notice of claim needs to be filed within 90 days of the accident.
- Train Accidents often involve the victim being hit by a train, trapped between the train and platform, and falling while riding a train. Gather as much evidence as possible if you’ve been involved in a train accident.
- Bicycle Accident injuries fall under an insurance company’s no-fault coverage, and bicyclists are actually considered pedestrians under New York no-fault laws.
- Motorcycle Accident victims don’t fall under no-fault coverage and aren’t required to prove that their injuries meet the serious injury threshold of New York’s Insurance Law.
Our attorneys can analyze the details of your accident by reviewing your accident report, medical records, photographs from the scene, and other information. Never put off seeking medical attention, sign anything, or give any statements until you have our team advise you on the best course of action. Because transportation cases are so time-sensitive, the only way to determine if you have a case is to call an attorney to immediately review the details of the incident.
Our Experienced Transportation Accident Attorneys
We’ve been handling transportation cases throughout New York and The Bronx since 1999. We not only understand the laws and how they apply to your case, but we’re also willing to pursue whatever course of action is best for you—whether that means going to court or settling outside the system. Our attorneys never apply a “one size fits all” model to your situation. We have the resources to work in your best interest.
We understand the importance of compassion and human connection during this stressful, painful time; that’s why we’re available to you at all times to answer your questions and guide you through this difficult process. Request a free consultation to start building your case with Leav & Steinberg.